I can't let February slide away without making sure to document the historical events of this month. Snowmaggedon, Snowpocalypse, Snow-klahoma... No matter what nickname you prefer, there is no denying it happened. We smashed a number of records to never forget it, and here is a quick summary of the big hitters from the Oklahoma Blizzard of 2011:
1. Record coldest temperature -27.4°F
2. Record snowfall in 24 hours of 14"
3. Record snowfall in 1 month of 23"
4. Record snowfall for season of 26.6"
Jon actually braved the crazy weather everyday in the 2 week period of mass chaos except for 1! He rocked the snow in the new AWD vehicle. Lucky for us, we purchased it just a month before this crazy weather. Someone was watching over us! Here are some pics that we snapped just around the house, but definitely show the monstrosity of the storm.
As I mentioned in a previous post, we were prepared! Jordyn had all the gear from head to foot! She loved her glory moments in the snow and we made her first official snowman! We had to dig a path for her to walk through because the depth of the snow was about half her total height! Hudson, on the other hand, was not allowed to play in it because I had no appropriate gear for him. He stood at the door and cried. I felt bad. What's a mom to do? So I allowed him a few brief moments in the driveway path that had been carved but not a second more.
(Don't laugh at our whimpy snowman...the snow was so powdery we could hardly get it to compact!)









2 comments:
Thank goodness we all survived and hopefully will not be repeating this again anytime soon. Jordyn's snowman is awesome!!
That was some crazy weather! Especially that there were two big storms a week apart. I like snow, but definitely not that much! Miss you guys so much and cant wait to see you in April!
Post a Comment