Monday, March 7, 2011
Crank Pot
I've been replaying this conversation in my head all day and I still can't get over how comical it was. I'll set the scene a little - it's a Monday morning about 7 am. I'm on my way upstairs to wake Jordyn up to get ready for school but I can hear her up moving around in the bathroom as I get to the top of the stairs. I come around the corner of the stairs and she is sitting on the potty half naked!
J: No Mom, I want to do it by myself.
Me: Do what by yourself?
J: Get up and come downstairs by myself.
Me: We are going to school today so you can't come down yet. We have to get ready first.
J: NO! I don't want to go to school today.
Me: Why don't you want to go to school today?
J: Because I'm cranky!
Really?? I had no idea my 3YO (going on 30 I might add) even knew that word, much less how to use it in the proper context! I'm don't think I'm emotionally prepared for this drama yet! I thought I had about 10 more years until hormones kicked. Somewhere around 13, not 3!
I wanted to say "well, honey, I'm cranky too but I still have to work!" I guess we all get a case of the Mondays!
Labels:
Jordyn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Love this precious little girl!!!
Cranky???? Too funny! I am cranky in the mornings too, so I am on Jordyn's side!
Post a Comment