Is it really 2011? The years only seem to go by faster as I get older. And this year was no exception. Going into 2010 I had a few goals for myself, nothing too outlandish, but a few simple things to at least attempt (read here). I'm sad to report that I dropped the ball on almost all of them. One goal that I do feel was somewhat accomplished was "#5:DIY - find the deeply hidden "crafty" genes that surely I must have and use them! I need to do more handmade projects." I dug deep down for this one at Hudson's 1st birthday party that was decorated with a ton of DIY stuff.
Here's a quick recap of the Hoffman's 2010:
January - sold our first house and moved into my parent's house! Celebrated my golden birthday...30 years on the 30th!
February - ground breaks on our new house after a very harsh winter. Hudson turns 6 months!
March - Jon and I celebrate 4 years together! Hudson start rolling over.
April - family road trip down to Houston to see the other Hoffman clan. Potty training begins with Jordyn right before the trip and it was a painful drive! Little did we know that potty training would not commence for several more months! (we were so naive!)
May - Jon travels to Canada for a week long fishing trip with his family. Both his brothers, uncle and cousin take the trip to the boundary waters with him.
June - Summer is in full swing and we start enjoying all the fun things it brings. Trips to the zoo, weekends at the lake and Jordyn starts her first session of swim lessons. Swim lessons start rough but by the end of July she enjoys them. Hudson also starts sitting up on his own. Daytime potty training is officially over this month which is a relief.
July - Hudson start to hit lots of developmental milestones. His first two teeth come this month and he starts crawling. It's a mere army crawl which we think he will never overcome but he does in due time. The Cross family comes to visit us (minus Brian) for a short weekend, but we have a blast with them.
August - Jordyn turns 3 and Hudson turns 1! We spend most of this month planning parties and preparing to move into our house. Labor Day weekend is the goal at this point!
September - Well, we didn't make Labor Day but we become home owners again the following weekend. This is one of the year's highlights! We spent many hours making selections, meeting contractors, and hours of walking back and forth between my parents house and the new house to check up on it! This month, Jon and I also went to Mexico with the Cross family and the McCain family for an adults only vacation! It was a blissful week and so rejuvenating!
October - My first niece is born! Potty training is officially totally over and what a feeling of accomplishment it brings! For Halloween, Jordyn is a butterfly and Hudson is a shark. Jordyn loved trick-or-treating this year! My photography starts to get busier this month and I actually get some of my first paying customers.
November - Hudson starts walking! The Hoffman clan comes up from Houston for Thanksgiving and stays with us for the weekend. Jordyn gets to see her first movie, Tangled, with her cousins this weekend! Hudson gets his first haircut too!
December - The holiday season brings lots of traditions for our family. This year we got to add some more traditions such as baking cookies on Xmas Eve, leaving cookies & milk out for Santa along with a letter, putting up a tree in Jordyn's room decorated PINK!
As I look back at my blog in 2010, I quickly notice that I only had 31 posts (down from 51 in 2009). If I do nothing else this year, my goal is to get back to blogging more about my family more often! But of course, I can't set the standard that low, so here are some other goals I am making for myself. I find that I can be more accountable if I post it:
(Carryovers from last year)
1. Learning to sew. Start simple, but hopefully get steady enough to sew a few things for my kids.
2. Cooking! I already try new recipes every now and then but I would love to master some new skills. I am horrible at baking!
3. Gardening (this one may be hard next year because our new house probably won't be done until mid-summer) but I'm still going to keep it on the list for motivation.
4. Finding a church family to join.
5. DIY - find the deeply hidden "crafty" genes that surely I must have and use them! I need to do more handmade projects. (Expand on this one)
(New ones)
1. Make photo albums for my kids that go back to 2007 (the year Jordyn was born). Make a blog book this year!
2. Start my "official" photography business. Needs a name, website, etc.
3. Projects around the house - complete playroom, Jordyn's room, master bedroom, and living/common areas.
I think all that will keep me extremely busy this year! Can't wait to see what 2011 has in store for us!
4 comments:
I love the photo album idea! It seems old school to actually have pics anywhere but on a computer, but I know the kids (and myself) would love to flip through. I hope you have a wonderful 2011!
Cori
what do you mean your new house won't be done until summer? aren't you there now?!?! I'm confused! Good for you for making some goals!
That was just a copy and paste from last years goals. I didn't revise them so the note about the house not being done is old. Yes! We are defnitely in our house and loving it!
We have some mutual 2011 goals...cooking and blog booking!! WE CAN DO IT!!! Positive thinking! :)
Post a Comment