Monday, December 27, 2010

Cousins do Santa

I'm hoping this is the first year of a new tradition - the cousins getting together to meet Santa. Or maybe it's better put to say "scream" at Santa! It's really become a very silly American pastime to take you little ones to meet Santa. And by little, it's not just 3/4 year olds, it's now almost a sin if you forget (aka refuse) to take your newborn to see Santa. But I can't help but follow the masses on this one.

So off to Bass Pro we went. Meeting Baby Harper for her first Santa moment. Jordyn was thrilled to sit on Santa's lap this year for the first time. She definitely wanted to tell him to bring her a Dora present. And on the ride home this is what I heard: "Mom, is my Dora present in the back of the car?!" I couldn't help but giggle out loud at that one and respond, "no, honey, Santa doesn't bring what you asked for until Christmas Eve." After a few moments of silence (definitely some hard pondering) her only response was "Yeah, Christmas Eve." What a Jordynism!




I really have nothing to say about Hudson's experience other than TYPICAL! The pictures tell it all. Although, he did momentarily tone down the screaming when Santa sweetly tried to wipe his tears. Then it was back to full blown hysteria. I can image what was going through his head: "MOM, why would you ever assume a child in the middle of the separation anxiety stage would ever want to sit on a scary looking man's lap?"




Meanwhile, Harper sleeps through it all and has no idea that she has just left the security of her mom. Can't you see the sugarplums dancing around her head? (And I'm sure Santa appreciated the break from the prior screaming mess!)

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Love this tradition you have started. As the years fly by this will be a memory to cherish.

Leslie Wenstrom said...

At least you got a good looking Santa. Ours was skinny and almost creepy looking. He definately didn't smile for the camera like your either. Roman had the same reaction as Hudson so don't fret about that. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!