Thursday, May 14, 2009

Don't judge a book by it's cover

As the months pass by, my posts regarding my yearly challenge continues to slip. You are each personally responsible for holding me accountable! But only hours away from the mark of mid-month I have managed to squeeze in a quick post regarding my goals for May. Drum roll please.....

BOOKS!

'Books' you ask? Well, yes, but the challenge will not be quite as simple as it sounds. If you are a longtime reader of the blog you may remember my post about a year ago (click here for previous story) on how I want to diversify my reading selection. Other than a couple books out of my "comfort" zone, I have failed miserably at that casual goal.

A couple of months back I casually mentioned starting and/or joining a book club to help stretch my imagination among a few of my girlfriends. A couple were super excited about the idea and pressed me to take the reins for creating a group. With a new found surge of energy in the second trimester, and a summer ahead of lounging around outdoors, I think it is time to go through with my promise.

If you are in the Tulsa area and interested in joining the book club, please email me or leave a message and let me know which weeknight works best for you. Over the next couple of weeks I am going to be picking a book series to jump start the idea and give everyone time to read up on the first pick! (Arin this one's for you!) I will host the first gathering sometime in June.

3 comments:

Angela & Brad said...

i've never joined a book club, so i'm somewhat "illiterate" in regards to the formalities... is it possible to attend via email/blog? seriously.

p.s. do those who finish the reading list receive a free blizzard? j/k ;)

Anonymous said...

yeah!!! I'll be there. :)

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be there! I would love to join a book club. Can you all just move to Houston? Btw, I started a new blog, please come check it out!

http://ilovepate.blogspot.com