Friday, May 1, 2009

Road Trip


Our vacation has officially begun! By the time you are reading this post we will be well on our way to the sunny coastline of Florida. I think we were delusional when we planned this trip originally to drive approximately 1000 miles each way with a 21 month old. But with the recent threat of the Swine Flu, I am liking my decision even more. I would have been a nervous wreck flying this week.

There is no itinerary, no places to be at a specific time, just our family doing whatever we want for 9 days. Jon plans to play golf a couple of times, I plan on doing a lot of reading and photography, and Jordyn will be on stimulus overload! One of my highschool friends, Valerie, lives in Gainesville and will be spending the weekend with us.

The thought of sitting on the porch with a good book and a glass of ice tea watching the sun set over the ocean is heaven! I plan on doing that every night. It will be hard, but I'm going to force myself to leave all worries behind and enjoy the adventure.

4 comments:

Stacy and Jason said...

hope it's everything you hope it will be! relax and enjoy - boys take up a bunch of energy! :) congrats.

Angela & Brad said...

yea, we're so excited about the lil' man on the way to join in on the crazy, hoffman/wulf family fun!

enjoy the beach! it sounds like my kind of vacation ;)

FarmerFamily5 said...

sounds Like so much fun! Enjoy! We will miss you at the lake this year.

The Cross Family said...

I am so jealous that you are already there!!!! I can't be too upset since it will be my turn in 7 days. I hope you get plenty of time to relax! As for the crazy part for driving that far with a little one, we are right there with you. 11 hours in the car with a six month old...fun times!