Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Inspired

I'm feeling a new wave of inspiration these days. When life gets busy (it has been incredibly crazy lately!) I tend to lose sight of the small things in life. These days I get all wrapped up in questions like "what time do I have to be there? do I have everything? what are we eating for dinner? does Jordyn have a clean diaper?" and the list goes on and on. I need to stop every now and then. I need to take a picture when Jordyn makes a cute face, or relax and rock Jordyn even if I have a million things to do while she is sleeping, or just sit in bed with my husband next to me and read a book that doesn't revolve around parenting/work/etc.

New things are emerging as "favorites" lately:

- Pictures: not taking them so much as just having them displayed around the house or on our blog. This is truly a timeless object that I just don't spend enough time on. I love the fact that my mother and grandmother always took lots of pictures of us growing up and I want to make sure that I give the same to my daughter.

- Reading: can anyone really read too much? I have always read a few select authors and series, but I'm ready to diversify my knowledge. Reading is no longer limited to just books. Technology and the online world has opened up the doors for new resources and ways to gather information.

- Parenting: do I even need to explain this one? The transition period for me is finally coming to an end and I finally feel like I have embraced the role as a mother. Most of the time I still have no idea what I am doing, but the newness has worn off and day to day life is natural now.

and finally.....

- Blogging: and everything that comes along with it. Not a day goes by that I don't check several blogs to see if there is a new post from family or friends. Blogs are so personal and they allow you into others' points of view and thoughts. I also love to search random blogs. You come across some amazing stories of heroism, struggles, passions, creativity, and downright hilarious stuff! But my favorite is just updating our family blog.

In conclusion my inspiration today is to write more. I'm not a wordsmith, but I am having a blast at it so I am going to keep it up. I promise to update this more frequently and hope it will evolve into something that others look forward to checking like I look forward to checking my favorites! So check back soon to see how my inspiration unfolds!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I see we both updated our blogs today. Great minds DO think alike! LOL You know, you've inspired me to read a book OTHER than a parenting or church related book. Seems like thats all I read lately ....right now it's James Dobson's Bringing Up Boys. :o) After I finish, I'm determined to read something in a new genre. Good luck with keeping your blog updated!! Nap time is never long enough for me!!