Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sanctuary of Memories

Mt. Vernon Presbyterian Church {February 2011}


My parents were married here. I was baptized here. My sisters were both baptized here. And now my first niece has been baptized here. The history runs so deep it gives me chills. I have countless childhood memories here. A mental picture of this church is forever ingrained in my head. I love so many things about this place. But my favorite will always be my grandfather standing at the pulpit.


This could be the last chance my grandfather will stand at this pulpit but now I have a photograph for all the stories I will tell my children. And they too can have a picture forever ingrained in their memories.


My niece wore the same dress that my sisters and I all wore for our baptisms. It fit her perfectly.





To read more about the baptism, check out my sister's blog here.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

The memories do go so deep. I am so happy you have them and will be able to share them with your children.What a special day Harper's baptism was - I will remember it forever