Thursday, January 27, 2011

Double Duty

Last Thursday I flew out to Charlotte to spend 4 days with one of my besties from high school, Elisabeth, in an effort to relieve her from twindom! In October, she had two beautiful, identical twin boys at 34 weeks. Amazingly, they were allowed to go home after just three weeks in the NICU and are now about 15 weeks old (only about 48 weeks based on their due date). So I got permissions from the hubby to abandon leave him with our kids for a weekend (hey, it's quality father/children time!) and the ticket was bought within hours.

Some asked me if this was a vacation, and at first my immediate reaction was "does cooking and cleaning baby poop count as a vacation?" But then again, isn't the definition of vacation an extended period of no work and no kids? So I guess you can call it my winter mini-vacay!

I cooked lots of yummy completely off the charts calorie filled meals, snuggled with two precious babies, and even squeezed in a trip to IKEA. I have to admit, I bought so much stuff we had to ship it back to my house! Awesome!

So here is what my weekend consisted of.....



...hanging out with these sweet things!

We had a mini-newborn photography session, so pictures soon to come. Vining family - thanks so much for your hospitality! Can't wait to watch your little boys grow up to be as amazing as the two of you are!

2 comments:

Carissa said...

What a good friend you are to fly out to help. I can't wait to see the pictures!

Unknown said...

I still can't thank you enough for everything! You are a wonderful, wonderful friend.