Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Across the Border



On my last post you got to hear me whine about being a single parent. I'm sure if you ask Jon, listening to me whine for a few days (or weeks), was totally worth it for him to take 10 days off to fish in Canada. Growing up, the Hoffman men used to take annual trips up to Canada to fish the boundary waters. The usual crew consisted of Jon's dad, Bob, his 2 brothers (Josh and Daniel), his uncle Dan and cousin Mike. It's been years since they've all been together for this trip and with the passing of his father a couple of years ago this trip was 1 short. And this trip could be the last that they all take together, so it was important for him to have this time. I'm sure in the future, the brothers will drag their boys up there to continue the tradition.

I told him my one request was to take a group picture to document the trip. It was an experience that he will want to share someday with his kids.







5 comments:

Carissa said...

That first picture is awesome! Did Jon take that? I didn't realize he was a photographer too! :) Glad you have your hubby back now!

Joanna said...

Great pictures - it is so beautiful! I know so many memories were made.

Stacy and Jason said...

how awesome. wish I could just pick and go there, too!

Courtney said...

C - yes, Jon took that picture with our point and shoot! He usually isn't the family photographer, but he took some great pics up there! I just did post-processing on it and it turned out amazing! I think I may have to frame it.

Anna Lee Murray said...

Priceless! Jon your picture are great and joy shows on all your faces. Glad you got to go.