Friday, June 11, 2010

Laughter is Contagious



Last weekend I was on the home stretch of single parenting. Yes, I know it's not that bad, and many of my girlfriends do it much more frequently and for longer periods of time than I did, but it is still a hard adjustment when you aren't used to it.

*A quick side note, I have full respect for single parents and those parents with traveling spouses. You deserve all the respect in the world for it because it definitely isn't a walk in the park!

So, back to my story, after a week of managing the two kiddos, you can say that I was a little on edge. The patience was beginning to run out quickly and exhaustion starting to set in. But after Hudson woke up from a nap on Saturday he had the hiccups. Hudson thinks it's hilarious when he gets the hiccups. It rarely happens but last weekend he got them 2 days in row. The first day, I grabbed my camera to capture pics of his big smiles, but the second day I grabbed the iphone for a video.

At that moment, all the bad thoughts that I had running through my head towards Jon (he was in the dog house and on permanent kid duty) went away and I couldn't help but laugh myself.

I love this little man's personality and it is really starting to show through.

4 comments:

Joanna said...

He does have the sweetest little laugh!!! What a precious little guy!!!

Allison Yokum said...

Laughter is contagious. It made me laugh and Baylee was very intrigued!

Stacy and Jason said...

he is PRECIOUS in that pic. the video made me smile! :)

Carissa said...

Love it!