Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy 3 Months!


Happy 3 month birthday little man! Is it just me or does 3 months feel like a mile marker? The last three months have flown by at lightning speed. Hudson has been such a great baby so far and I am soaking in every minute that I have with him. Being the second definitely has it's disadvantages because you don't get Mom's undivided attention but after having experience I feel more comfortable in everything I do. The little things don't seem to be as challenging as the first go around and the big things aren't celebrated with the same enthusiasm. But that doesn't mean you aren't as special or loved any less. So I wanted to make sure to write a few things down to remember about the past few months.

1. You started smiling and cooing at us 2 weeks ago (11 weeks).
2. You started sleeping entirely through the night this last week (12 weeks)! Before that you would wake up about 2x per night until you hit 2 months and after that you only woke up 1x per night. You go to sleep at 7 pm and your biological clock wakes you up around 5:30-6:00 am. We are working towards 7 am but you are being a little stubborn.
3. You don't like to nap in your crib yet, and you spend a lot of the daytime hours awake.
4. We call you our little drama king because you can be drama about the little things. You are happy 95% of the time, but when you are mad you are MAD! Your face turns bright red and you scream to the point of not breathing. Then just like a lightswitch you stop. It is the funniest thing. And then you are happy again!
5. You love bathtime. You always take a bath right before bed and even if you are being a little fussy you will stop and enjoy your bath.
6. You are just like your sister in that you spit up all the time! I don't know why my babies spit up so much but you definitely do. Generally it doesn't bother you too much.
7. You are a little eater! You are eating anywhere from 6 - 8 oz. per feeding. You weigh about 13 pounds.
8. You are still in 0-3 month clothes but that is about to change.
9. I love the way you track me across the room. You are momma's little boy and I love that!
10. You have a line around your head where your hair has rubbed off. You have hardly any hair. But what you do have is a light brown/blond color.

We love having a little boy! Can't wait to enjoy many firsts this upcoming holiday season with you!

4 comments:

Carissa said...

Do I recognize that onesie??? :) I am thinking that is the one I got him.

Courtney said...

Yes! It is the one you got him! He can just barely fit in it still.

Allison Yokum said...

I'm excited for his firsts too! Love the picture!

Joanna said...

Happy 3 month birthday little Hudson! What a joy and blessing to have you part of our wonderful growing family. You are a very special little boy!! And so adorable :) Love Nana