Friday, August 14, 2009

Turning 2

Can anyone believe that I have a 2 year old? I think turning 2 sounds so old and takes any thoughts of "baby" out of my vocabulary (well, at least until Hudson arrives) and puts me into the full toddler swing of things.

Last Saturday was Jordyn's birthday and we did a party for just family that afternoon. It was Elmo themed and after you see the pictures (I think Elmo is in every single picture) you will understand why. Everything was very bright rainbow colors including the 6 layer cake that I baked!

Unfortunately Jordyn was sick and the person of honor couldn't fully enjoy her day. But I think we managed to get a few smiles out of her towards the end when the "heavy artillery" was brought out (see below).



Here's a few other snaps that Allison took during the party. Jordyn sat on my lap while I opened her presents, but she was up for eating some of that yummy cake I made and then it was all about the play kitchen. Check out the Elmo tattoo on her arm...she thought she was big stuff for a couple of days with that! Is it bad that I am promoting tattoos on my 2 year old?? NAH!





3 comments:

Kerry said...

I can't believe how long Jordyn's hair has gotten, it gives me hope for Delaney! Other than being sick, I hope she had a great day!

FarmerFamily5 said...

Nice Cake! Looks Yummy! Happy Bday Jordyn.

Angela & Brad said...

she is TWO cute ;) we enjoyed visiting with you and your family the other day, definitely need to get together when things calm down. ang

p.s. great job on the cake as well!