I can't believe I missed posting for a whole month on my challenge. Even though my time on the computer has been minimized lately doesn't mean I have abandoned ship! I've actually done more in the past month than almost any other month as far as dedicating myself to learning more about something I love.
So the theme for both March and April was Photography! Most of you may remember that last fall I took Photography Level 1 at the local community college to see if it was something I wanted to learn more about. I really liked that class and felt like it gave me some valuable tips, so I decided to take Level 2 and 3 this semester. Each class is a month and includes some field trips on the weekends for on-site photography. It ends up being about 20 hours of classroom time and then a few hours for field trips. In addition you have assignments each week and a final photo essay due at the end of the class. Allison took Level 2 with me in March and we definitely enjoyed it and continue to learn new things.
In addition to the TCC classes we also took a 9 hour class last Saturday from a local photographer. It was geared a little more towards beginners, but we still learned some new techniques and got a lot of hands on time which is always good. If any of you have bought SLR cameras lately and can't get off the automatic mode these classes would be well worth your time! I feel like my pictures have already drastically improved and I'm really looking forward to getting more down and dirty with the new techniques that I've learned. I will post some of the pics I took for my class later this week!
3 comments:
You have a lot of great photos that I think you should post more of. My challenge to you is to post some of your great photos from Photography level 1 and Ashley Ann's Snapshops! I'm sad I'm not in level 3 with you :(
Good for you! I'm excited to see!
Post a Comment