The first pic was a window portrait assignment in Level 2 where you can't use a flash and you want your subject to be partially lit from a window. I thought my grandpa would make an interesting subject and this was the professors favorite:

For the final essay in that class, I was assigned "hands and feet" with no other instructions given. We spent a weekend up at the lakehouse before it was due and we forced our youngest sister to model/pose for us. She wasn't too thrilled with us on this one because the water was freezing!

Last Saturday was the local photographers class and there were 10 women who attended. It was held at her house and her kids were our models! In the afternoon we walked around downtown Broken Arrow to do a mock photo shoot. Here are a couple of my favorites from that day. Her kids are just darling!


I'm definitely not a professional yet, but I am really happy with the progress I have made in the last 6 months. I feel like each class I learn something new and get a little bit better. None of these photos have been altered because I just don't have time to post process. Now, if I can just get some of my own child!
3 comments:
I LOVE the photograph of your grandfather. You'll have to keep that forever!
Good job Courtney! You are becoming an excellent photographer! I'm proud of you :)
Courtney, those really are great!!!! I will have to hire you to take pictures of Logan when we are back that direction this summer!
Post a Comment