Friday, January 9, 2009

Let's start cropping!

As I am standing at the cash register of a scrapbooking store, the sales lady asks me if I want to join their "crop" party. What the heck is a crop party? I'm sure some of my more creative friends who have experience in scrapbooking are laughing at me right now, but I was clueless!

That experience was over 3 months ago and I still haven't made any progress on completing Jordyn's baby book. It's cold outside and I'm pretty much stuck indoors, what better time to try and buckle down to get this project done. On top of all that, it fits perfectly into my new challenge for the year and will make a cool theme for the month of January!

Last night I pulled out my supplies and accessed the situation. Here is a peak at my table. As you can see there are 2 huge storage boxes full of papers and little tidbits of memorabilia.Since this scrapbooking stuff is not my forte, my hope is to finish up Jordyn's traditional baby book. Those types of scrapbooks hold minimal pictures, so I am also gunning to do another scrapbook for her that will include a large collage of pictures. Digital scrapbooking seems to be the smart choice but it is TBD. I've found lots of great resources on the Internet but if you are an expert on this subject, please share! I would love to hear your ideas or suggestions!

I took a couple of photos to document the pre-production phase of the scrapbook. I definitely have my work cut out.

4 comments:

The Cross Family said...

Look at you!!! I thought you were totally against the scrapbooking thing. I am so proud of you taking on something that you feel is out of your comfort zone. I do however feel that you don't give yourself enough credit. You are very creative and I have a feeling Jordyn's baby books will be amazing when they are done. I do wish we were closer so we could work on baby books together...it would be much more fun doing it together. I expect to see the progress you make on these books when Logan and I are there for our visit in March...you have plenty of time!

E.Gray said...

I am in the same boat with Calin's book, I have up to 8 weeks old done :) and he just turned 9 months today. ( just a little behind :) ) I did a true scrapbook for brinley's 1st year and am planning to do the same for him. Then I am just going to do a collage of pics encompassing her 2nd year and so on. So I need to get working, The crop thing is actually fun if you get a group of friends and do it, I did it before and you can stay up all night doing it if you have enough caffeine.

E.Gray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela & Brad said...

i'd be interested in finding out what a "crop party" is as well... imaging a group of women giving each other advice on how they should "crop" their photos with scrapbook die-cuts and frames?!?!