Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Fork in the Road

Jordyn will be turning 17 months tomorrow. Still closer to 1 than 2, but not for long. The baby phase is over and we are in full speed of toddler-hood! I will admit that I love this stage so much more than the newborn stage. The interaction is priceless! Here a recap of what's going on in Jordyn's world lately:

- She has 11 teeth and brushing her teeth is her favorite time of day (along with bathtime)
- Her favorite word is dog (sounds like da) and she will point to any animal and say "da."
- Her second favorite word is what we believe to be yes, but it sounds like "ass!" (yes, we get a lot of funny looks and occasionally a chuckle in public)
- She fears nothing! She will climb on something with wheels and then try to jump off. Of course there is never a safe landing, so then she will look up at me and try to figure out whether she should cry or laugh. If she decides to cry then I usually get a look that says "it's your fault!" But if I laugh then she will usually pause for a second and start laughing too.
- She mimics everything you do. Last Saturday morning, as I am putting on makeup in the bathroom, I look over to see her with my makeup brush swiping it across her face
- We are slowly introducing silverware. Most of the time she just holds it in her hand (so far she is favoring the right hand), but if the food is easy to pick up then she can usually manage to put a few bites in her mouth. The fork is easier than the spoon. Here is a quick video we took last week.

3 comments:

Allison Yokum said...

She's growing up so fast! Go Jordyn. Such a dare devil.

The Cross Family said...

What a big girl!!! Such a cute little plate she is eating off of...

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how fast she is growing up! Can't wait to see her and all of you again!