Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Challenge '09: Part II

Inspire
Part of Speech: verb
Definition: encourage, stimulate
Synonyms: affect, animate, arouse, be responsible for, carry, cause, commove, elate, embolden, endue, enkindle, enliven, exalt, excite, exhilarate, fire up, galvanize, get, give impetus, give one an idea, give rise to, hearten, imbue, impress, infect, inflame, influence, inform, infuse, inspirit, instill, invigorate, motivate, occasion, produce, provoke, quicken, reassure, set up, spark, spur, start off, stir, strike, sway, touch, trigger, urge, work up

I could write a sentence with each one of those words used in it somehow, someway. But I will spare you the boredom. I think you get my point. The root of all my posts lately is pretty clear and I am ready to commit. Sign me up! This is a year that I do all those things I keep promising myself (and others) that I will do. Everything from cleaning out my closet, to taking more photography classes, to cooking more nights each week. I will find the time to read those 5 new books from Christmas, and the time to do all those DIY projects that I've been wanting to try, and to remain sane throughout the process!

Last night, at our family gathering for the Texas/Ohio State game, I asked everyone if they had read my posts. Allison muttered "yes." I said "are you excited for Part II of my challenge?" She rolled her eyes, shrugged, and said "I'm on the edge of my seat." I realize that my excitement may not be mirrored by all of you, but that's okay! This new found exuberance to ignite the left side of my brain is extremely refreshing for a change. While I am still in the honeymoon phase of it, I'm going to enjoy the ride.

So the task that I have bestowed upon myself is to attempt a new challenge each month. At the beginning of each month I will give an intro to that month's subject and what I hope to achieve throughout the month. The monthly activity has to meet these requirements:

1. Take me out of my comfort zone (i.e. sewing, art, etc)

2. Requires me to do some research and learning

3. Must have an end result or similar action (something to show for my hard work!)

4. Pass the creative bug on to others through blogging, inviting to join, or teaching directly.

I'm about a week behind for January, but I plan on getting on task very quickly! I've already got my idea, but I need to do a little preparing before I unveil. I've also got some updating to do on Jordyn, so I will take time over the next couple of days to showcase her. Before the weekend I will give you the January Creative Thinking Station! (Doesn't that sound like something you had in your elementary classroom)

And a huge thanks to everyone who left comments over the last few posts! I am still waiting for the family members to step up! [cough, Hoffmans, cough]

4 comments:

Allison Yokum said...

I did not roll my eyes. I deserve more credit for being an avid blog reader!

Courtney said...

Touche...you are a dedicated follower. And I love you dearly for it! (but......you did roll your eyes!)

Joanna said...

I am excited to see where this new year and new challenge takes you this year! You have truly grasp the meaning of a new years resolution!

The Cross Family said...

Girl, you are more of a woman than I...I think it is great that you are setting aside some time each month to try new things. Currently I am trying my best just to get the normal day to day things done. Hopefully before long I will get in my groove and can be as ambitious as you!