Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Grand Opening


I want to yell at the top of my lungs that 'Today is a wonderful day'! My life is forever changed! And by what you may be asking? WALMART! Less than two miles from my house the new "green" Walmart is opening today. I don't know how much of the "green" that I agree with but according to them this Walmart is one of the first stores with environmentally friendly features. The roof of the store has skylights to harvest energy, but I have to wonder if this is really energy saving in hot Oklahoma? When it's over 100 degrees outside, I can't imagine that it would be very cool in the store so how much will the A/C be running to compensate for that? But I am no expert on the subject. But another great feature of the new store is a sushi bar! I have this mental picture of a sushi bar in Walmart and it doesn't look too appealing. But hopefully I am wrong and it will be yummy because I love sushi!

If you don't know where I live then you may not understand my excitement. Out in Jenks, America we don't have anything but Reasors (a grocery store) and Walgreens for household products, personal products, etc. I have at least a 15 minute commute back across the Arkansas River (which you have to pay a toll to get across) to reach a Walmart. When you just need that 1 little item it becomes a hassle very quickly. With the busy lives we lead today, the small conveniences can make a world of difference.

1 comment:

elisabeth said...

Here here! I have to drive about 12 miles to get to the nearest walmart, and it drives me insane. Not to mention there are no neighborhood markets or regular walmarts here. Bt the town of Cornelius is meeting to discuss opening one about two miles away. OWW!! Yes, it is the simple things in life that get me excited.