I really appreciate the kind words about our father. I can’t believe it has already been a year since he passed. Every time I’ve convinced myself that it’s getting easier to deal with or think about, something happens that brings everything back like it all happened yesterday. You’re right, a lot of the special moments that we’ve had over the last year have been especially bittersweet, but the bottom line is that I know that he’s looking after all of us still, and he would want us to make the most of all the ‘firsts’ this past year has brought to us.
The one thing that I take solace in is that we all had a lot of time with our father. Like I told mom when we found out he had passed, ‘We would never have been ready to lose him’. He ingrained so much of who he was in us. Because of him, I’m the kind of father and husband that my child and wife deserve, and I’m so glad that his mannerisms and integrity rubbed off on so many others.
No comments:
Post a Comment