Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Jordyn turns 6 Months

Back in February, Jordyn turned 6 months. At this milestone came another checkup. She weighed in at 14 lbs 14oz and grew another 2 inches which makes her 26.5 inches. She comes in at the 75th percentile for height which she definitely gets from her daddy! But she is only in the 20th percentile for weight and head circumference....at least we know she isn't big headed! She got another round of shots and handled it like a champ again! No fever, no sore legs, and no mood changes. She even got the first of two parts of a flu shot for infants. I'm not very educated on that subject and was surprised to find out she was able to get one.

Unfortunately the sickness still struck our household. First Jon got the stomach virus and transferred it to Jordyn who then transferred it to me and Kristin! Then less than a week later Jon caught the flu/head cold virus. Jon was quarantined to the bedroom for almost 5 days and couldn't so much as look at Jordyn. I was running around the house sanitizing everything but my efforts were unsuccessful. Jordyn caught the virus and ran a fever for a few days along with a lot of head congestion. In those days I felt hopeless as a parent. I couldn't explain to her why she couldn't breathe or how to blow her nose and she was frustrated with the situation. One night she was up and down all night because she couldn't breathe through her nose. Of course I was a nervous wreck because I was scared she wouldn't breathe through her mouth and something would happen. To make matters worse, the same weekend my dog Harley got the stomach virus. She was sick for 2 days at our house and began throwing up blood. So we rushed her to the vet and she was admitted for one night! Talk about a mess! So far (knock on wood) I have been lucky enough to escape the head cold.

Our house has seemed to recover and all is well. Jordyn and Jon are over their colds and Harley is back to herself...begging for treats and pets and running around the house with Cooper. March is definitely in like a lion, but hopefully it will go out like a lamb!

1 comment:

Adriane said...

Good gracious! Being sick is no fun and having a sick baby is even worse! Glad you guys are feeling better now. And I'm so glad you're finally catching up on all your blogging! I enjoy reading what's going on with you guys.