So I have been very nervous when it comes to ticketing ever since and use extreme caution when making reservations. In November I decided we were going to make a trip to Kentucky to see my best friend Barbara. We planned to go the weekend between Christmas and New Years. This time I triple checked my dates before buying the tickets. Again, my ticket price wasn't too bad on American to Louisville. Unfortunately, Brian and Barbara live in Lexington! Thankfully, I noticed my mistake way before the actual date. Now I have a credit on American, and I had to go buy a second set on Northwest since it was cheaper to buy new ones than change the original ones.
The day arrives and we are set to go to Lexington. We arrive at the airport around 5 am for our 6:30 flight to find it is delayed an hour. Well, an hour became 2 hours quickly. But even though there was a delay, we weren't allowed to check our connecting flights at the gate. So we board the plane start taxing to the runway and the plane stops....mechanical issues! So by now Jordyn is screaming since she has been up since 4 am and I am panicking. I get on my cell and have Barbara and my mom start looking for new connecting flights while I call customer service. There are no open flights to connect in Memphis to Lexington that day. I begged the flight attendant to let us off the plane in Tulsa because I was desperate not to get stuck with a 5 month old in Memphis. In the long run, we got off the plane and stayed home for the weekend. We planned an alternative trip in February.
Lexington take 2! We plan to leave on Thursday and come home on Sunday. Again, we arrive at the airport to find out the curse has struck again. The Lexington airport is closed due to weather. We can leave Tulsa, but we will get stuck in Memphis again! We made a wise choice and decided to stay in Tulsa and try again early Friday morning. On Friday we finally make it out and make it to Lexington. Jordyn has a great story for her first airplane trip!
Despite all our troubles, we did have a wonderful time in KY with the Cross family. The highlight was attending a Kentucky vs. Arkansas basketball game at Rupp Arena. Imagine 20-something thousand people cheering (not quite as loud as Gallagher-Iba) and Jordyn slept through almost all two hours of it. I was amazed she could do that! These are a couple pics we took while we were there!

No comments:
Post a Comment