Thursday, March 1, 2007

It's a baby belly!

It's official....the belly no longer looks like a roll of fat and has actually begun to take shape. It's hard to believe that a 4 1/2 inch baby is in there. But there is no word on the sex yet. I know...it's killing some of you...but we have to be patient. We tried to see the sex on Monday at work, but the baby was in a breached position and turned around backwards. It just didn't want to play with us and didn't want us to know yet. But hopefully we will get to take another peek before the week is over. I am at 16 weeks now, which is about half way through the fourth month.




I've managed to resist buying maternity clothes, but my bulging belly is forcing me to give in. My pants are still fitting, but it's time that I start shopping for some longer and "roomier" shirts. I've also resisted the temptation to shop for baby items, but I find myself browsing the baby websites more frequently. Everything is just too cute!

Outside of baby life, nothing too exciting has been going on. Jon is still in recovery from his two back surgeries, but he is definitely starting to feel better. The last two weeks his mobility has been improving and the pain is decreasing. So we are keeping our fingers crossed that his days at the doctors office and hospital visits are over. The latest doctors orders are to give his back another month before seeking alternative treatments. And the hope is that he will continue to improve and will be able to resume his normal lifestyle without further treatment.

Today is also special because my grandparents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary! These are my mom's parents (a.k.a. Granny and Poppy) who now live in Tulsa. Actually they live just down the street from us! I am so excited for them and their marriage is truly an inspiration to all of us newlyweds! So this weekend is going to be filled with lots of family fun and everyone will be in town to celebrate! So here's my tribute to my wonderful grandparents on their special day!



Fifty years is really not enough
Nicholas Gordon

Fifty years is really not enough
In which to plumb the depths of someone's soul.
Fifty more years, then, should be the goal:
To know the beauty of another's love,
Yearnings shape, and life-long shadows buff.

Yet life was never easy in those years.
Everest is sometimes hard to climb.
A will to love has brought you to this time,
Rich in joys that time cannot remove.
So may this day be filled with happy tears!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Congratulations Courtney! Adam and I are sooooo happy for you both. My advice to you is to relax and rest as much as you can now because those first couple of months home with a newborn are insane! I know that you will be such an awesome mother! Having a baby really was the best thing that has ever happened to me. It completely changes your life for the best. Take care of yourself. I hope to see you sometime soon!