Thursday, February 8, 2007

13 weeks and counting....


This week is somewhat of a milestone...we reached 13 weeks which is the end of the first trimester! YEA! And I couldn't be more excited because hopefully this means no more nausea! I don't understand why they call it "morning sickness" because it is nothing to that degree....it's more like "all day sickness!" So weeks 6 to about 10 were pretty miserable, but as everyone keeps telling me "it's all worth it in the end." Which I know is true, but that's not exactly what you are thinking when you are praying to the porcelain god at work in a multi-stall bathroom.

Last week we did an ultrasound on my birthday and could see so much more than the first couple ultrasounds. The baby was just kicking away and moving it's arms all over. We did get a shot between the legs, but it's too early to see any genital parts. Since we have a certified sonographer on staff, Phil, we are extrememly lucky to have the opportunity to do ultrasounds basically whenever we want. And Phil is going to try and look again for gender around the 16th week. Of course, Jon is still convinced it is a boy and it's starting to rub off on me. Each day I think more and more that it is a boy (but still hoping for a girl). Girls are just way more fun to buy for and decorate for.

I've definitely started showing, but so far I haven't gained too much weight. I don't really look pregnant, just got a little bump in the front. I can't feel the baby moving yet, but I did notice my stomach was moving the other night. It just looked like a small wave and my stomach moved out and back in again. It was barely noticeable and I couldn't exactly feel it. I just saw it. Nevertheless, it was still really cool!

No comments: