We've actually been back to Poppy's garden twice since we initially planted our seeds to check on the progress. The first time I did not have my camera (long story) so Granny got a few shots for us. This is how the corn we planted looked the first visit back.
Fast forward a couple weeks and one would think our corn would be doing great. Wrong! The garden had a
little enormous unexpected visitor. He looked something like this....
Yes, that is a longhorn! And yes, he jumped the wire fence behind my grandparents house and helped himself to a little afternoon snack in the garden. Long story short, after Mr. Longhorn feasted on Jordyn's corn, animal control was called and he was herded back to his pasture. I knew there was a reason I didn't like Longhorns! (get it??)
Even though we couldn't see the
fruits corn of our labor, we did get to pick some flowers and some fresh green beans. We took the green beans home that night, cooked them, and enjoyed them as a family. Jordyn was so excited to eat "her" beans for dinner! I'm so glad my Poppy has such a green thumb that he can teach this part of the cycle of life to my children. Sometimes it's the little things that add up to so much. Anyways, not to get too sappy, we will move on to the pictures.
Hudson was on a constant circular path. That boy never stops, and he NEVER looks at the camera. A picture of his back would be appropriate I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment