Easter weekend was going to be spent playing outdoors with best friends, ice cream treats, egg hunts, beautiful outdoor pictures, and all the works. Instead, we spent the weekend indoors watching lots of Elmo, Wonder Pets, and Tinkerbelle. Boo!
My best friend, Barbara, and her girls made it up for a quick 24 hour visit. The rain kept us indoors for the majority of the visit, but I'm not complaining (too much) because I'm so glad I got to see them.
My favorite moments from the visit was watching our kids play together. They are all still pretty little to really be playing with other kids but they each surprised me by their interaction with each other. I got in a proud Mommy moment when I watched Jordyn, who was the oldest, take care of the younger kids. She was helping Logan and Hudson in the playground at Chick-fil-A (and you all with kids know how crazy it gets in there on a Saturday with all the crazy older kids trampling the little ones) making sure they could climb up top and helped them go down the slide. And at the house, she snuggled up with Logan to watch a video on the phone, and made sure Logan could see the screen. It melted my heart to watch the compassion for others in her personality. Hopefully that means we are doing something right!
Rain squashed our Easter day plans too. But Jordyn still managed to dye eggs with her Nana. And instead of hunting for them outside, she made an egg for each family member and passed them all out to everyone. Then she helped her great-granny make the deviled eggs.
Hudson surprised me by engaging in the plastic egg hunt. But he quickly moved on to playing with his Easter toys with his Tete Kristin. He loves trains right now, so you can imagine which item was the favorite and probably will be for several weeks.
So Easter 2011 with a bust...but I sill have cute kids!









2 comments:
Love that last pic of you with the kids. And the one of Kristen playing with the kids...with a gass of wine sitting within reaching distance! HA! :)
It was a great visit...even with the crazy weather! I also really enjoyed watching our kids play together, they had such a good time. I love your new house and hope to have many more visits in the future! Thanks again for your great hospitality!
Post a Comment