Friday, July 16, 2010

Home Stretch

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, barely, but it's there! We finished up trim last week and the painter's have been at the house this week. I'm still hoping we are in by Labor Day. May be a little of wishful thinking at this point, but I think we will be close.

Call me weird, but I always find it awkward when trying to take pictures of a house. Will all the obstacles you have to dodge in a house, trying to get a good pic is always a challenge for me. So this is your disclaimer, the pic quality is not very good, but it still gives you an idea of where we are at in the building process. I just picked some of my favorite elements to highlight so here they are!

Living room (fireplace view)



Living room (beams in ceiling)



Kitchen (will be one of my favorite spots for sure!)



Study (block ceiling)



And of course you can't forget...the Great Wall of SHOES!

2 comments:

Carissa said...

YAY! You are on the home stretch and I a pulling for you girl! YOU CAN DO IT! :)

Stacy and Jason said...

so happy for you! I love the details of a custom house, including arched doorways!