Friday, June 5, 2009

Spring cleaning

It's a new month, which means a new challenge. My challenge this month isn't trying something new, but rather doing something that gets really old....cleaning! Ugh! I despise cleaning, but it's more than just cleaning that I hate, it's reorganizing I guess you can say. With a new baby around the corner the "nesting" syndrome is kicking in full speed. And even if that phase was oblivious to me, I would still be forced to pull my house together. This month will actually be a harder challenge, because I have a REALLY hard time motivating myself to clean. Honestly, I would much rather flip through trashy TV for hours on end.

When we first moved in 3.5 years ago our house was huge! We only had furniture in our guest bedroom, master bedroom, living room, and breakfast nook. The other three major rooms in our house (3rd bedroom, study, and formal dining) were empty. Now every crack and corner has something in it with more coming soon! The baby's bedding arrived this week and is piled all over our dining room table and the crib was stuck in the last corner of our garage. When the dresser arrives I have no idea where it will be going until we clear the guest bedroom, which has been our space to throw all miscellaneous junk into!

I told Jon this week that I can't stand it any longer and that it required immediate action! I figure if I can tackle 1 major room (guest bedroom, study, and master bedroom closet) each week then I should have it wrapped up by the end of the month. I've already started to plot which of my favorite stores will become my new best friend.

The Container Store
IKEA
Target
See Jane Work

If you have any suggestions for cute storage options, please pass them on! Off to clean.......

3 comments:

Angela & Brad said...

AMEN. although the OCD in me craves organization and cleanliness, subconsciously, i know that once i start i can't stop. therefore, making mountains out of all mole hill projects... ugh!

good luck! let us know if you find any innovative and useful products throughout your quest ;)

Anonymous said...

Russell & Hazel

Jordan said...

Oh....congrats on #2. I feel your pain on spring cleaning. We have that going on, plus about 5 projects in the house before our #1 gets here. Congrats on #2 for you, and for a boy for the Wulf family. My husband is from a family of all boys, so his mama is SO excited about a little girl. Hope all is well.