Wednesday, December 31, 2008

oh eight was great!

Another year had passed me by
oh how the time does fly
I close my eyes to reminisce
each day was full of inner bliss

On the eve of a new year, I am sitting here at work (shh! don't tell my dad) pondering not only the past 365 days but my past celebrations on this day. I can't remember many before the age of 16, and some since then are a blurr too. If you know what I mean! [wink, wink]

During my high school days I was pretty harmless. There may have been small amounts of alcohol involved but my gang of friends just had fun hanging out together. And a co-ed slumber party was common at the Horner household for these festivities. Then came the college years which included much larger amounts of alcohol! Most celebrations were spent in Tulsa, but the other places that I have "partied" include OKC, Pittsburgh, and the most unique in Milan, Italy!

And now, with a 16 month old daughter, I find my celebration pattern changing once again. I'm excited for a "quiet" evening at home with a great bottle of wine!

Don't count me out though, I am always up for a party! [Note to self: Add vacationing in a city with a great New Years Eve bash to list of things to do before you die]

1 comment:

Chi said...

Courtney,
I like your challenge. 2008 was a huge year for the Hoffman family. I can't wait for 2009!