Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Rock the Vote


During this campaign, I have erred on the side of caution when it comes to expressing my political views. Maybe I feel that I am not educated enough to argue about the subject or maybe I am worried about what judgement people will make when they hear who I support. Either way, it has become a hot topic that I usually avoid when it surfaces during a conversation.

Regardless of my political view I firmly believe that everyone has a voice and should vote. Some of the arguments against voting I've heard today are that "the lines are too long" and "Oklahoma is a red state, so my vote won't count!" They couldn't be more wrong. If anything, that should be a bigger incentive to voice your opinion.

I stood in line about an hour to vote today. But the satisfaction you feel when walking away knowing you have played your part is worth the wait. So I encourage all my friends and family to rock the vote!

1 comment:

The Cross Family said...

Well...the state did go red (as did both of mine) but overall you got your way. Let's just hope our country can get things turned around for the better!