Monday, October 13, 2008

Fall is here

Fall has definitely arrived and if I may add it has been a beautiful one so far! The leaves are changing colors, the mornings are brisk but the afternoons are warm, college football is half-way over, and halloween is just around the corner. I must admit that summer is my favorite season, but I think fall is my second favorite. I'm not a big fan of spring because I am always anxious for warmer weather and I hate the rain. Fall always seems to be an extension of summer and the holidays are lurking.

This fall our household has been just as busy as ever. Here's a little update on what's been consuming our time:

1. OSU home football games - but watching them on TV is great too! Did anyone watch the OSU/Mizzou match up? What a great game! We watched the OU/Texas game earlier in the day and it was a great game too!

2. Preparing Jordyn for halloween - she is going to be Minnie Mouse. And after an exhausting effort to find a cheap cute costume, I have given up and decided to make it myself! I have red tulle, red w/white polka dot ribbon, and a sewing machine...that spells disaster! I will let you know how it turns out!

3. Jon has been fishing! This past weekend we went to the lake and he got some good water time while the weather was perfect! I don't think he caught much though.

4. I just finished reading a good book. It's the first book I have read from this author, Elizabeth Brundage, but it was a quick read and held my attention. A little mix of romance and mystery.




So what's on our plate for this week? Tonight we are going to the first exhibition game of the new NBA team, OKC Thunder, at the BOK Center. They are playing the Houston Rockets, so we get some Yuo Ming action! This week is OSU Homecoming and we are playing Baylor. And it was supposed to be my first week of photography class, but it got pushed back a week. Lots to look forward to!

1 comment:

Chi said...

I'm jealous of the leaves changing....the leaves in Houston are only two colors: green or brown:( Good luck with Miss Jordyn's costume. I can't wait to see pics!