Monday, September 15, 2008

Lights, Camera, Action


Last week I made my first big purchase to jumpstart my new hobby. Yes, I know, I am joining the masses of wanna be photographers but I can't help but be giddy. It seems that as soon as you have children you really appreciate a good photograph and realize that it's not as easy as it looks. So after a month of research and even a course at TCC about cameras I settled on a Canon Rebel Xsi (450D). That was all jibberish to me too before a lot of reading. I knew from the git-go that I wanted a Digital SLR camera but had no idea how many options are out there these days. They range anywhere from $400 - $8000. And buying the camera is just the beginning. Next you have to pick accessories such as lenses, flashes, etc. I can tell this hobby isn't going to be cheap.

Step 2 is taking Photography 1 at TCC starting in October. I think I've wrestled my sister Allison to taking it with me, but anyone in Tulsa that's interested should join us! As soon as I figure the darn thing out I will post some pics!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

How funny, I was just speaking with my friend Allyson (a prof. photographer) at http://picturethemoment.net/ this weekend to see if she'd take me on as an apprentice. You have chosen a great camera and can't wait to see what you post. I took a class from TCC last year with a photographer from National Geographic (his name escapes me), but if you see his class offered again, you should take it.