Tuesday, August 12, 2008

August begins with a boom

Is it already August 12th? Where did the month go? I guess we were having so much fun we didn't even notice!

The first weekend of August we had our friends Angie and Brad Steele along with their almost 2 year old daughter, Kinsey, stay the weekend at our lakehouse. Angie was a pro at wakeboarding and wakesurfing especially since it was her fist time even being pulled behind a boat.

Then I spent last Tues - Thurs in a familiar place, Pittsburgh, for a business trip. The lows at night were in the 50's...about 50 degrees cooler than our highs in OK lately. It was so nice to walk outside and not be immediately sweating!

Jordyn's 1st birthday party was last Friday night. Her birthday, 08-08-08, fell on the luckiest day according to the Chinese. Saturday morning we left bright and early for a one night stay at the lakehouse. My cousin Jamie was in town from Virginia, so we wanted to take her up for a day in the sun (too bad it rained all weekend). To wrap up the weekend, I left from the lake on Sunday morning to travel over to Ft. Smith, AR to help host my best friends baby shower. To say the least, I was exhausted on Sunday evening when I got home around 9 pm.


Book update: I finished Something Borrowed and Something Blue (the sequel) on my Pittsurgh trip. I favored the story line in S. Borrowed more than S. Blue. I thought S. Blue had too much overlap from the previous book and wasn't quite as "catchy." But I would recommend both books as a good read. Now I only have one other Emily Giffin book that I haven't read. I will probably take a break for awhile. I need some good suggestions!

No comments: