Sunday, July 27, 2008

Tablerock 2008

We just wrapped up another annual Tablerock vacation! For those who don't know about our tradition here's a summary. My dad is originally from Wichita, KS (I was born there too) and he grew up next door to the Ward family. The Ward family used to take a week vacation to the lake (I believe it was originally Lake of the Ozarks and sometime in the 80's they changed to Tablerock) and started to invite my dad to join their vacation. So my dad has been going over 30 years and of course I've been going all my life. Currently we are not related to any of the Wards but that is about to change when my sister Allison marries one of the Ward boys (Michael) this fall. It was an arranged marriage! J/K

There are 4 generations of families that go and our group has been known to come close to 60 people for the week long craziness! So we usually take up a whole resort and then some. This was Jordyn's first year of attendence and she was a great baby! She enjoyed the pool and went tubing during the week. She has no problem wearing her life jacket on the boat and hanging out with everyone.

We also had a bonus this year because one of my best friends, Rachael, was in Springfield visiting her sister the same time we were at the lake. So Rachael, her husband Nathan, and her sister Sarah (whom I also consider a good friend) came over for a day to hang with us. They were all sucessfull in wakeboarding and Sarah and Rachael went wakesurfing too. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures with them but it was such a blast to have them there.

I also tried something new this summer....wakesurfing! It's hard to picture but it is basically surfing behind a boat. Instead of being on the inside of the boat wake about 70 feet back, you are actually on the outside of the boat wake just a few feet behind the boat. The goal is to use a short rope to get your self up on the surf board and then to let go and just ride the boat wake. Check out the pic of my first time and some other cute pictures from the week.
Jordyn waving as she was tubing with Auntie Allison

My little water animal!

Doesn't this look uncomfortable? She doesn't mind it though!

I can't believe she is almost 1! I love this pic!

No comments: