Thursday, February 11, 2010

FAQ's

Dear Blog,

I miss you! I haven't written to you in so long, but that doesn't mean I don't love you anymore. My excuse is not worthy, but I was sooo busy in January trying to move and resettle. And February has been just the opposite, nothing going on which equals nothing fun to write about. I'm still alive and I will try my best not to neglect you for this long again.

Love,
Courtney

Each night I sit down at the computer after the kids have gone to bed to catch up on my daily blogs and favorite websites. I've been wanting to post some updates, but honestly couldn't find much to write about. My photography has slowed down in the winter months because I dread going outside in the cold, I haven't tried any new recipes lately, and I've been reading the same book for 2.5 months now (and still not finished - thanks Cori!).

Several of my friends have something unique they do on their blog, but I've never adopted a "regular" style of post. It's quite intimidating to me because I don't know if I can live up to the commitment of posting on a regular basis, but I would love to try. So here it goes....

I tend to get asked the same questions over and over again about my life, so I figured it might be fun to do a little mini-series of the most commonly asked questions.

1. What is it like living with your parents?

I know what you are thinking right now "that must really suck!" But I can honestly say (and I'm not just writing this because my parents read my blog) that it has been really great so far! They may not share the same opinion, but I hope they do. Because my kids, especially Jordyn, have loved to be around their Nana and Pops. I thought the transition might be hard on Jordyn, but she has adjusted better than I could have ever expected. When I pick her up from school this is a typical conversation....

Me: Are you ready to go home?
Jordyn: NO! Nana's house!
Me: You want to go to Nana's house?
Jordyn: (huge smile, jumping up and down, and high pitch voice) Yes! Jordyn go Nana's house!

There ya go people. Do I even need to say more? She loves her Nana's house and gets quite mad when I even suggest that we would be going 'home."

My mom and I have worked out a cooking schedule so she cooks M/W and I cook T/TH. The weekends we just go with the flow and sometimes do our own things. And my mom has really pitched in by helping me with the kids when I would have normally been on my own. Everyone has their own room and plenty of space. We even managed to get lucky enough to have a spot in the garage!

So far so good....

No comments: