Thursday, January 22, 2009

More on digital scrapbooking

I've been putting off another post until I had more details to share, but Angie left a comment today inquiring about my status. So I figured, "hey, why not share a few little details?"

In order to tackle the challenge of educating myself on digital scrapbooking, my strategy was to start at the top of the list on Scrapbooking Top 50 and work my way down until I found sites that I felt comfortable using. It makes perfect sense, since the site actually ranks other scrapbooking websites, that the best websites would be first. The second site, Two Peas in a Bucket, was a winner.

I found some great tutorials on the website for digital scrapbooking and I have been working my way through each lesson when I have spare time. The link to those tutorials is here. Most of the tutorials are geared towards Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, but there are also some for other major software brands. I know you are probably thinking, "I don't want to purchase expensive software." But actually Photoshop Elements is less than $100 and still gives you all the major editing options. Plus, Adobe just released version 7 so now you can buy version 6 for half price! (which is what I did)

The website also offers several digital kits for free! My little project this weekend is to download one of the free kits and try to make my first page. If that goes successful then maybe I will invest in some of the other kits. The average price is about $5 for a kit and you can use the different elements of the kit over and over again. Finding universal kits is key and then buying a few specialized items to personalize seems to be the perfect match. Click here to link you to the free digital kits.

This is minimal time investment to learn about it. If you stick to this website and dedicate about an hour you will have it figured out. The developmental time on the pages will be the major investment. When I get my page done this weekend, I will post it for an example.

If you enjoy this kind of info, let me know! I hope it is actually useful to some of you interested in the subject.

No comments: