Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Reunion Review

What a weekend! Jon and I were crazy busy this weekend trying to prepare for our vacation (which I am on right now) and attending my high school reunion. I will update you more on our current vacation later but I wanted to share some of the highlights from the reunion first.

As most of you read, I was excited but nervous going into this ordeal. People change so much in 10 years and I am definitely not the person I was then. So I went into it wondering "will people still look at me like they did in high school? will people who were not my friends talk to me now?" And I quickly learned the answer to both. I think most people will still remember you as the person you were in high school because that is the only way they know you and yes! drunk people who never talked to you in high school will give you an earful! Ha!

The first night was at McNellie's (an Irish pub) downtown which was a good icebreaker. The casual atmosphere and the fact that the majority of people were sloshed kept everyone relaxed and easy to talk to. I had a few funny encounters where people I didn't really know in high school felt the need to gush their life stories. At one point in the night I remember thinking to myself "I need to stay sober so I can laugh at all these drunk girls who are making fools of themselves!" The second night was formal at the Summit Club and I noticed that people were definitely more hesitant to just walk up and start a conversation. We bailed kind of early that night to get a good nights sleep before our trip. Overall, it was definitely worth going to and great to see familiar faces. I would recommend going if you can! How many times do you get the opportunity?

I would love to hear stories if anyone has funny ones!

1 comment:

Angela & Brad said...

we're attending ours this weekend, and [like you] i'm not sure what to think going into it. a year ago i was excited but as it approaches i'm not so sure... so, we'll need to fill each other in on them at the lake ; )